How do I get the "Continue Reading" / "Read More" link in my posts?
By default, your entire post will display on the homepage--sometimes this can make scrolling your homepage a bit lengthy! The "Continue Reading" or "Read More" button are a great option to implement if you'd like to shorten these posts up.
ADDING THE READ MORE TAG:
When creating/editing a post, select the button in your post tools called "Insert Read More Tag".
A horizontal dash line will appear in your post-- this is where your "Continue reading" or "Read More" button will appear when your post is displayed on the homepage.
Any text you put underneath that horizontal dash line will not appear on your homepage.
AUTO-APPLYING THE READ MORE TAG:
Some people enjoy the control that manually adding the Read More tag provides-- you can choose just how much of each post to show on the homepage. Though others may prefer to auto-apply this feature to all posts. If you're interested in learning how to do this, please see the following FAQ articles:
- How do I auto-apply the "Continue reading..." link on all posts in Hemlock?
- How do I add the "Continue Reading" button to posts in Rosemary?
- How do I auto-apply the "Continue Reading" button to all posts in Florence?
- How do I add the "Continue Reading" button to posts in Redwood?
- How do I add the "Continue Reading" button to posts in Oleander?
To learn more about this Read More Tag in general, you can take a look at this: